Get Married In Cornwall
So You Want to Get Married IN CORNWALL…
Here’s What You Need to Know
Weddings are so exciting! And getting married is one of the most important decisions you will ever make in your life. But the process of getting married can be confusing and overwhelming. There’s all this terminology that you don’t really understand – like “giving notice,” deciding whether to have a civil partnership ceremony, religious or celebrant-led ceremony…
Getting married is exactly the same for same-sex and heterosexual celebrations. From getting engaged to getting the marriage certificate in your hand, here’s how to get married.
Give Notice of Marriage
- You must both give notice of marriage at your local Register Office.
- If you live in different places/countys you’ll both have to go to your own local Register Office to give notice.
- In England and Wales, 28 days’ notice must be given to the Register Office before the marriage can take place.
- You have to get married within 12 months of giving notice.
- You must both be resident for seven days in England or Wales before notice is given.
- A notice must state where the marriage is to take place.
- There is a fee for giving notice.
You and your partner will be asked for certain information when giving notice of your intention to marry.
- Name and address
- Date of birth
- If one partner has been married before or in a civil partnership, documentary evidence that the marriage or civil partnership has ended, for example, a death certificate or decree absolute.
- Your nationality.
You must decide whether you want to get married or form a civil partnership. Both options are now available for opposite and same-sex couples.
The Citizens Advice website offers detailed information about how to get married and the differences between civil ceremonies and religious ceremonies.
Get Married in Cornwall
If you’re looking for a truly unique setting for your wedding day, look no further than Cornwall. Nestled in the southwest corner of England, this charming region is known for its dramatic coastline, quaint villages, and lush gardens. In short, it’s the perfect place to say “I do.”
Trust us, your guests will be happy to travel to this stunning corner of the world for your big day.
Cornwall has no shortage of beautiful venues for your destination wedding. If you’re dreaming of an intimate ceremony surrounded by sweeping ocean views, consider getting married at one of Cornwall’s many picturesque coastal wedding venues.
For something truly unique, exchange vows inside a castle or opt for a rustic-chic ceremony in a wedding barn. No matter what type of venue you’re looking for, Cornwall has something to suit every taste.
Top Tip! The sooner you send out your ‘Save The Date’, the better!
We recommend that you do this as soon as possible so your guests can make all the necessary arrangements.
Destination Wedding Planning
If you’re not living in Cornwall, then planning a wedding here can be a bit daunting. Where do you start? Who do you need to talk to? And how do you find the right suppliers? Luckily, eeek! can help.
Do Your Research:
The first step to planning any wedding is to do your research. This is especially important when planning a destination wedding, as there are bound to be things that you’re not familiar with. When it comes to research, eeek! is your friend. Spend some time scouring wedding suppliers in Cornwall and read our helpful wedding planning blog posts too.
Basically, just soak up as much information as you can. And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!